Re: [FR-devel] Re: Welcome to FR-devel

From: Hal E. Fulton
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Re: Welcome to FR-devel
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:58:14 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek" <address@hidden>
To: "Freeride-devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 8:45 AM
Subject: [FR-devel] Re: Welcome to FR-devel

> Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek wrote:
>
> > Curt Hibbs wrote:
> >
> >> I have just approved your subscription to the FreeRIDE developers
> >> mailing list. It is a tradition on this ML for new comers to
> >> introduce themselves so that we know each other better. Would you
> >> mind doing so for your first email to FR-devel?
> >>
> > It's probably a good idea.
> > I am 22 years old and live in Prague, Czech Republic (thats in Central
> > Europe).
> > I'm using computers quite a while (my first computer was 8-bit ;-) but

[snip]

Welcome!

Your background sounds interesting. I'm sure
you'll have great things to contribute.

> > To complete the introduction I should mention I like fantasy and
> > sci-fi literature and I'm interested in any sort of cutting edge
> > (pseudo-)science (which I do not neccessarily always  understand). But
> > that is probably of little interest.

Ha... actually, it is more interest than you think. A great many computer
people are into SF and fantasy and science/technology in general.

I have read many hundreds of books in those genres, and will continue
to do so...  :)

I once read about a survey where 80% of the engineers in the survey
said that they were influenced in their career choice by _Star Trek_.... :)

> > If you dont understand what I'm writing it's probably because it is
> > quite long since I took my last English courses ;-)

Your English is very good.

I know only two Czech words, and they are 'Michal Suchanek.'

Cheers,
Hal Fulton