[FR-devel] FreeRIDE development progress report

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE development progress report
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 14:55:30 +0200

All,

I just wanted to post a short message to tell you that I have spent some time investigating the FreeRIDE UI and I have decided to extend what Curt did with FR 0.0.4. The goal of this extension is to basically to rpovide two new entities in the abstract UI layer: DockBars and DockPanes.

For those of you who are familiar with FOX these abstract widget will probably render into TabBooks in FOX. The goal is to have 3 of these entities surroundign the FXScintilla Edit pane (East, South, West) in which forthcoming plugins can "plug" and offer their own UI. As an example, the Debugger plugin will likely show up in the South DockPane and I think all "navigation" related plugins should show up in the East DockPane (class browser, CVS plugin,....)

I hope I'll have something finished by the end of this week but I will probably ask Curt and others to review my code before committing any changes to the CVS repo. Alun also offered to take over the UI stuff so I think it would be good that he reviews the code as well.

I'l lkeep you posted on my progress and in the meantime I hope all the Windowers will fix the FOX UI thread problem.

Cheers...

...from Grenoble/France where heat is at its maximum... 36 degrees Celsius as I'm writing)

Laurent