Re: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE lyrics was: Nishio's Source Browser

From: Hal E. Fulton
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE lyrics was: Nishio's Source Browser
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:21:44 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Kilmer" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 9:49 PM

> My big question is what about those lyrics to FreeRIDE...tell me those
> aren't perfect for a wicked cool IDE(2B)!

Yep... I have a mental image of FR kicking
off a thread to play a WAV before it does
anything else, so that during the 2 or 3
seconds it loads, it plays, "Come ON, and
take a FREE ride..."  :)

Did you know about the song before? Or not?

I met you in October, but I don't have
a good sense of when you were born. :)
Personally, I'm 41, and thus I guess
was 12 when that came out. Though it
got airplay for years afterward. I think
they were sort of a one-hit wonder.

They sounded a little like a poor man's
Boston to me. I remember Boston better,
especially their last album in 1987, when
they were getting senile.

If you didn't know that one, you probably
didn't know "Free Bird" either, which I
guess came a little later.

Hal