Re: [FR-devel] Major Scintilla integration change

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Major Scintilla integration change
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 11:30:15 +0200

Richard Kilmer wrote:
All,

I made a significant change to the FXScintilla/scintilla API. It now generates underscore_methods instead of CamelCase. This is more the Ruby-way and is there to facilitate direct usage (surfacing the Scintilla API to plugin writers instead of going through the editpane API). This also brings us up to date with fxscintilla 1.51. Please check this code out and make sure it does not break on Linux (I will test Windows). I just wanted to check this in because it was a fair bit of work.

The best way to look at the new API is to look at the file:

freeride/plugins/rubyide_fox_gui/fxscintilla/scintilla_wrapper.rb

Also, you can now generate rdoc from this file (it includes the comments found in the original scintilla.iface file but in rdoc format.

Best,

Rich

Now off to start stomping bugs!!!

I have thorughly used FreeRIDE for more than 20 minutes with your changes and could not notice any problem. Great job Rich!!

Laurent

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox Global Services - XDD-G Manager
Tel: +33 (0)4 76 61 50 48 - Fax: +33 (0)4 76 61 51 99