[Fsfe-uk] Car share, Was: Europatent lobby

From: Nick Hill
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Car share, Was: Europatent lobby
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 10:48:25 +0100

There are currently 3 car share places to Brussels available. Leaving Catford at 01:30am, returning Thurdsay eve.

Email me if interested,

Nick Hill wrote:
I am thinking of attending both days.

I have been working out travel options for staying both days. The ryanair option looks interesting, although the beginning of the day will be missed. Here are some other options:

The Eurostar options as I see them are:
Leaving on 6th, Returning on 8th. 2 nights stay. Accom £120 ticket £199
Leaving on 3rd returning on 8th. 5 Nights stay. Accom £300 ticket £59

Car sharing option:
Leaving by car at 01:40 (Lewisham) on 7th, catching 03:30 eurotunnel from folkestone, with car for £59 return. To arrive in Calais 5:05am local time arriving in Brussels 7:30 local time. Travelling cost incl fuel, tickets and wear & tear £120 return split between driver and passengers, paid to driver. If 4 people in the car, travelling cost £30 each. Accomodation around £60. Returning on the evening of 8th.

I might drive, although my car is small. It would be better if someone with a bigger car offers. We can possibly share the driving chore. The journey would provide an interesting opportunity to discuss.

Alex Hudson wrote:

Guys,

Simon Brooke posted over on u.c.o.l about going over to Brussels for the
Europarl swpat directive discussion:

             http://swpat.ffii.org/events/2003/europarl/05/
        http://wiki.ael.be/index.php/ManifAgainstSoftwarePatents

Is anyone on this list planning on going? Ryanair are doing pretty cheap
flights over on the 8th (we're talking less than 40UKP), and it would
probably make a nice day out. On the downside, it is a Thursday.
Cheers,

Alex.