gforge-devel

Re: [Gforge-devel] gforge

From: Tim Perdue
Subject: Re: [Gforge-devel] gforge
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:03:17 -0600

Matheiu, please see the attached message at the bottom. address@hidden was contacted about this 6-7 weeks ago with no response.

As far as CVS, we have no problem moving it off of savannah if it's a problem.

Tim

Mathieu Roy wrote:
Hi,

In almost all files I checked in your project CVS, correct
licensing/copyright information is lacking.

These informations are very important and you was told at registration
to take care about it.
Please, conform to our policy or we would be forced to deactivate your
project.
(See "How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs" in the GPL)

Also, would you like to state the meaning of the following?

 *  user.php - allows non-free software to be linked safely to GForge
 *
 *  THIS FILE IS RELEASED UNDER THE LGPL
 *
 *  ANY MODIFICATIONS MUST BE ALSO RELEASED UNDER LGPL

Understand that until you completely rewrite gforge in LGPL, linking
proprietary software to gforge is a serious license violation.
Anyway, this statement is confusing, please replace it with the text
proposed in the LGPL.

Regards,

12/22/2002 address@hidden message

---------------------------------------

Can anyone at FSF advise us on how best to handle "mixed copyright" GPL software? GForge is a fork of SourceForge, which was copyright VA Linux, and the new code is largely copyrighted by myself.

Tim

Tim Perdue <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks. Is there anyone who could advise us on the "Mixed copyright"
> issue? Of course, much of the code is Copyright VA Linux, but I am
> not granting them copyright to all of the new material that has been
> rewritten/added.

[...]

<address@hidden> should be able to resolve licensing issues.

- --