gforge-devel

Re: [Gforge-devel] gforge

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Gforge-devel] gforge
Date: 12 Feb 2003 15:18:14 +0100

Tim Perdue <address@hidden> said:

> Matheiu, please see the attached message at the
> bottom. address@hidden was contacted about this 6-7 weeks ago with
> no response.
>
> As far as CVS, we have no problem moving it off of savannah if it's a
> problem.

The first point (licensing/copyright notes missing) is a problem in
any way, it should be considered as a problem also outside
Savannah. Basically, files without these are not clearly covered by
the licenses picked, someone could argue on this in trial.
It's an issue in any case, but if you're not hosted by Savannah -which
cares about protecting software freedom it hosts- it's up to you.

Second point, if you link a proprietary software against gforge, as
gforge is currently partly GPL, it's a license violation inside and
outside Savannah.

Thoses problems are not in fact really Savannah-specific. They cannot
simply vanish by removing gforge from the Savannah CVS.

--
Mathieu Roy