Re: [glob2-devel] Gameplay discussion

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Gameplay discussion
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:35:03 +0100

Hello,

> - Making warrior rushes harder. The problem is that if a player is rushing
> with warriors, the opponent has no other choice than to make a big army
> too, currently the best defense is a good offense. So what we need is to
> allow people to make a better defense. Level 1 towers are already quite
> strong against level 1 warriors so this is ok. But the problem is that it's
> impossible to build enough towers all around the base to be safe and towers
> are only a defense point - not a defense line. What I suggest is to make
> walls cheaper: 1wood instead of 2wood. I'm not sure this is enough, but it
> may help a bit... if you have other ideas of how to make rushes less
> efficient, please discuss them.

Alpha12 introduces some gameplay tuning. Walls now cost only 1 stone. Their HP
are reduced from 100 to 60 instead. This should allow easy construction of
defense line while not make defense too powerfull.

> - Making cleaning enemy's resources harder. Here the problem is that it's
> too hard to counter an armada of enemy workers that clean your resources
> and it's too hard to defend correctly resources. What i suggest is to make
> cleaning resources 2 to 4 times slower... But the problem is that it may
> then be slower than the basic taking resources for a construction, should
> that be slower too, just for having a coherent game?

In alpha12, harvesting speed (used by clearing) is reduced in all levels.

Please test alpha12 gameplay tuning and report your impression.

Thanks,

http://nct.ysagoon.com