[glob2-devel] Re: Prestige (was something else)

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: [glob2-devel] Re: Prestige (was something else)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:03:22 +0200 (MEST)

> Am I correct in thinking that schools would produce prestige as swarms
> produce units? Otherwise, you could just have one school and feed it
> all the papyrus (assuming there's any papyrus left, after all it
> doesn't multiply.)

What if the level2/level3-scools produce more prestige per papyrus(higher
quality of knowledge)
(scool-1-2-3(-4) =>
kindergarden(no prestige but basic skills for workers)-
scool-
university
(-wizards temple))?
this prestige (knowledge) could be stored inside the scool. conquerable.
destroyable.

(up to 20) globs that stay in scools (never can come out again, decreasing
cpu-load by keeping the population low) as teachers could increasingly
produce knowledge like 1st point after 50 ticks, 2nd point after 49 ticks,
3rd after 48 ... till the max of 1 point per tick (or per 10 ticks) for
'old' teachers. scools can only educate globs when knowledge has reached a
necessary amount.
university could produce knowledge the same way, but it produces 5 points of
knowledge per event. waiting to upgrade for university would make sence, as
in the beginning of the university the knowledge-production could be dropped
to that of new profs makeing it a difficult decission weather to wait with
the upgrade for the point at wich the scool has enough knowledge to educate
even as university.

<only read if not yet totally confused>
new scools could have some backup phase during that the knowledge gets
transfered from other scools (no gain of knowledge till it reached the level
of the best scool. copying papyrus works 50times as fast as finding out new
stuff). when haveing [pastform of 'catch up'] the highest-level scools, they
cooperate and by that speed up the knowledge-growth.

so only the sum of the scools of the highest level contributes to knowledge
(prestige) groth.

if an oponent sends spys on scools (walks into scool with papyrus, walks out
with knowledge on papyrus this papyrus counts very much if own knowledge is
lower than oponents.
</only>

ideas, ideas, ideas ... Who will implement them? ;)
hope you could follow my ideas and thanx for reading.