Re: [glob2-devel] get ideas in order

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] get ideas in order
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:20:19 +0100

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 05:45:58PM +0200, Stephane Magnenat wrote:
> > Do you know what the bandwidth/security/software requirements of the
> > site are?  I think those are the key questions before we can look at
> > places to host it.
>
> For the web site, the basic requirement is to be able to run pmwiki, which is
> php (I don't know details about the versions). This is the reason we can't
> put it on savannah. it would also be nice to have succifient bandwidth, even
> if right now we use few. Statistics are available here:
> http://epfl.ysagoon.com/webalizer

It looks as if you're routinely using 50GB of bandwidth a month, most of
which goes on the usage logs (?), the main screenshot, and the binaries.

It might be worth approaching Savannah to see if they mind hosting the
large, frequently used files, then moving the Wiki itself somewhere else
- finding a site willing to do that would be a lot easier once you've
cut your bandwidth by 80-90% (I checked and the top 10 files consume
about that much).

> For YOG, we need ssh access and opened ports. YOG can stay at EPFL for now, I
> can even move it to my home for a while if required. But for the long term,
> it would be nice to have a place for it too.

Can you explain a bit more about what YOG needs?  Which ports?  What
will be running on them?

        - Andrew