Re: [glob2-devel] Gradients (again)

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Gradients (again)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:22:21 +0200 (MEST)

Steph wrote:
> Problem is with food: the more granularity you put on gradient the less
> efficient the inn become, because units have to go sooner to eat to
> compensate for the potential faster (in time) but longer (in space/food)
> path.

but what's the benifit of globs consuming per mile and not per minute? I
would *really* prefere less coars speed-ups with time-based consumption.

now we try to optimize gradients for time used to get somewhere although it
would be far better in most cases if the globs take the shortcut through
water and therefor don't need that much food.