Re: [glob2-devel] Gradients (again)

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Gradients (again)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:41:22 +0200 (MEST)

andrew wrote:
> ... I don't like the idea of leaving globs in buildings
> constantly, because it would be confusing: it would be hard to tell
> whether your buildings were being used for training or just storage, and

what could be solved with an extra indicator.

> looking around your own town(s) would give a misleading impression of
> how many globs you have.

1st that's indicated in the top row, 2nd that could be dealt with some
indicators on hoses occupied by idle citizens.

> I do like the idea of idle globs consuming food at a low rate.  I've
> mentioned on IRC that it would have to be a significant fraction of the
> normal rate of consumption (say about half),

half of the lowest consumption of basic globs or also increased by
speed-updates?

> because otherwise
> everyone will build up a huge army of warriors, send them into battle,
> then find they all starve to death because there are no inns to feed
> them.

agree

> Actually, allowing globs to idle in buildings also encourages the player
> to build up huge armies, because they don't sit about taking up space.
>
> With all that said, I can see a benefit in having a few warriors sitting
> in each of your guard towers.  How about globs stand idle when they
> have nothing to do, and guard towers can contain up to 4 warriors?

standing idle brings us the problem of proper pathmanagement. (2 bit trail
gradient that's locally lowered by occupied globs each time they step on a
tile and globally rised every once in a while. idles follow the
trail-gradient and sit down on peaks.)

greets, giszmo

P.S.: Sorry for
Steph wrote:
> Unfortunatly your sent it twice...

i appologize, but didn't want to send a confusing mail, an apologizeing mail
after that and an apologizeing mail for the apologizeing mail as you all
must have seen for yourselfe i did weired things. (at work i'm not allowed
to use a mailclient, so i use the web-interface.)

*checkingforattachements* *doublecheckingrecipient*