[glob2-devel] Hosting (again I know but we are going forward)

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Hosting (again I know but we are going forward)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:26:05 +0100

Hi,

Now that icclus refused to host either our forum nor yog, I suggest we go for
Kyle's or Mickaƫl proposal.
What we need:
- Wiki
- Forum
- YOG

I suggest we host the files on savannah, I'm uploading them right now...

I'm not very happy with our actual wiki (pmwiki), specially because adding a
user requires administrator action, which is very very bad to attract new
people.

I'm not very happy with our actual forum (phpbb), because it seems quite prone
to hacking, although that if it is installed using debian-pavages it should
be ok.

I'm very happy with YOG ;-)

On the long term, I would like to reduce the amount of work required on
administrating the server things. In particular, I would like to unify the
wiki and the forum, because having two community areas is too much. I thus
suggest we use mediawiki engine, and use talk pages for the forum-like
feature.

What do you think? Who would be ready to help moving the things to the new
system?

Thanks,

http://nct.ysagoon.com