Re: [glob2-devel] Pheramonal-Directional Algorithm

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Pheramonal-Directional Algorithm
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 05:00:33 +0000

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 11:44:43PM -0500, Andrii Zvorygin wrote:
>    btw this kind of building based gaming will implement abilities better. as
>    if for instance there is an arial attack along the path if can ask flying
>    units to survey the path, and if flying air-ground units are available
>    those could take precedents over ordinary warriors, or it could use
>    whatever is in excess. in any case, the whole attribute to paths gives it
>    a lot more control.

So you're saying that a building would store an arbitrary number of
routes, and hand them out based on ability?  Like, one for swimmers, one
for walkers, one for flyers, one for slow people, etc.?  That sounds
workable.

>    btw, I was also thinking of maybe having buildings auto-repair, say if
>    they are damaged, they can have globules come and fix them. as this does
>    seem more realistic then the player having to worry about small amounts of
>    damage delt to buildings. for instance to give it a trade off, if the
>    building recieves more than say 40% damage it will stop functioning and
>    turn into that repair icon and have all it's worked only work on repairing
>    it. building paths for wood and such at the same time.

There are a lot of things like this that I would like to see in the
game, but I think they're best done with a helper AI that could be
tweaked or turned off.  At any rate, these are things to look at much
later on, once we've got the unit/building system documented.

        - Andrew