[glob2-devel] Hosting, wiki and call for help

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Hosting, wiki and call for help
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:15:41 +0100

Hi,

As I posted yesterday, thanks to Kyle we now have a new hosting place for
glob2, accessible from http://globulation2.org

We now have to move things from glob2.ysagoon.com to globulation2.org
We actually use PmWiki (wiki) and phpbb (forum). There is two drawbacks:
PmWiki is not good at all for managing users (admins have to edit config file
each time) and there is two different logins, one for the wiki one for the
forum.

Yesterday, I was looking for a unified system and I found tikiwiki
(http://tikiwiki.org). But I have never tested it.

What do the actual wiki contributors think of using TikiWiki? Does anyone
knows/has time to look if it would be easy to semi-automatically import
actual wiki content into TikiWiki? Does anyone would like to volunteer for
working on this transition?

Note that as Kyle's computer does not have infinite bandwidth with the
Internet, files (releases, ...) will be uploaded on savannah. If we add more
media content (downloadable maps, etc...) we'll have to find some place to
host them, but this can be any ftp anywhere.

At the look level, it would also be nice to see if TikiWiki support clean and
simples pages (but I'm quite sure it does), because it's important to have a
easy to you, nicely looking game web site and not a overloaded portalish
site.

Thanks a lot,

Have a nice day,

http://nct.ysagoon.com