Re: [glob2-devel] IRC (freenode problems)

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] IRC (freenode problems)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:08:27 -0800

Andrew Sayers wrote:
On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 11:05:26PM +0100, Stephane Magnenat wrote:

It's in:
src/YOGScreen.cpp:#define IRC_SERVER "irc.freenode.net"

Bye the way, did you told the guy that its not for game really but more for community discussing? YOG itself does handle chat, we added irc so that testers (players) can discuss with other testers and developers while the game is in development.

[snip]

3. Use "gcc -O3"

It seems like glob2 is currently being compiled with no optimisation.
We should be able to get a significant boost in performance by using
"-O3" (the highest level of optimisation).

[snip]
negative! use gcc -O2 if anything, -O3 is not a good idea. man gcc for more info or check the gentoo-wiki

as for irc, I'm thinking we just put irc.globulation2.org in there, then we can modify that DNS record at any time so we don't have to worry about it.

Kyle