Re: [glob2-devel] wiki

From: MUNTEANU Olimpiu Andrei
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] wiki
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:36:43 +0100

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:

Hi,

I think it would be good to personalize a bit the new wiki. I'm thinking of the logo of course, but also of a left menu that is nice for people who only want to use the game. Could someone upgrade my rights so I can work on it, I think it is protected. My username is nct.

I agree, the old wiki was much better regarding the skin, but this is not a big problem. The other think we loose is the ability to use flat files, but again, if we are sure to have mysql than there is no problem.

We also have to move the content from the old wiki to the new one, and perhaps make a bit of cleaning in the process. Does anyone have some plan and idea on it? I've seen that the FAQ has already moved.
Perhaps we should setup a page where we can discuss it.

I have already used pywikipediabot...  see the rest on

http://globulation2.org/wiki/Main_Page

Do we also plan to integrate the forum on this wiki, if yes, how should we proceeed? Would we keep old article, move them? Would we keep the whole forum, locked but still online.

Well, we can use the logins from phpbb (see the new wiki), or wayt for the next version of mediawiki that ill include phpbb as talck pages maybe....

Last question, the wiki is now in /wiki, but I suppose it will be on globulation2.org in the end?

Thanks for your help and work,

Have a nice week-end,