Re: [glob2-devel] Upcoming release (0.8.16?)

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Upcoming release (0.8.16?)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:29:07 +0100

>       I can try for the Mac release, but last time I try to make a Mac
> binary, it worked only on my computer. It seems from other peoples
> report that I was'nt able to statically link all the libraries.

Just a note: with gnu ld, by specifying the -rpath setting when linking (for
instance, -rpath=".") you can ask your program to look for dynamic libraries
on a specific directory (in my example in the directory the program lies). I
don't know if OS X's linker has this option, but I'm quite sure it has
something similar. As far as I know, an "Application" is just a directory and
in one of its subdirectories you can but dynamical libraries for this
application. Barock, could you confirm?

http://nct.ysagoon.com