Re: [glob2-devel] hopefully a simple thing to add

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] hopefully a simple thing to add
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 00:30:02 +0100

On Sunday 01 January 2006 18:16, Kyle Lutze wrote:
> how hard would it be to add tab completion in the lounge?

Not that hard. But making it clean is not completly trivial. If you want to do
so, I suggest adding a list of autocompletable words in the TextInput object
(libgag/include/GUITextInput.h and libgag/src/GUITextInput.cpp). When a tab
is pressed, the text input should look if the letters before the cursor down
to a space or a tab correspond to a word in the autocompletion list. If so,
those letters should be replaced by the word. If not, the tab character
should be added. If the letters correspond exactly to the word (i.e. the word
is already there), a tab should be inserted.

If everyone want it and I get some time, I can add it later, when I've finish
working on a color themed and bitmapped GUI (what I'm doing now).

http://nct.ysagoon.com