Re: [glob2-devel] hopefully a simple thing to add

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] hopefully a simple thing to add
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:49:37 +0100

hi Steph

you are right. i thought it were for chat/nicks only so the place would be there. btw: if you don't understand things like that, pleas just suggest to put it somewhere else as it is most likely due to my lack of understanding of the current code structure that i do weired things.

Leo

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
Hi,

I don't understand why you put the autocompletion feature in YOGScreen when it is a easy and much cleaner to add it in TextInput as I suggested in my previous mail. If you do so, YOGScreen just as to tell TextInput which are the word that can be autocompletey.

Those two methods would have to be aded to TextInput:
void addAutocompletableWord(const std::string &word);
void removeAutocompletableWord(const std::string &word);

TextInput would then also have a list of autocompletable words:
std::set<std::string> autocompletableWords;

The code handling autocompletion would then be in TextInput event handler where there is a tab press. The algorithm is given in my previous mail. This way it is clean and you can have autocompletion even inside the text when you are replacing some part.