[glob2-devel] idea: winter, summer

From: Joey
Subject: [glob2-devel] idea: winter, summer
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:36:01 -0300

This is just an idea and may not be the best time to bring it up... but I will
any ways :)

What if in the glob world there was a winter, insted of summer all year round.
What if during that winter, resources suddenly started to grow slower, no
more fruit grew on the fruit trees, and all your big heavy warriors moved
slower because of all their massive body sinking into the snow.

I think it would add a whole new side to strategy. Markets would suddenly have
a small use, gathering fruits in while summer to distribute to the inns
during the winter (maybe give explorers the ability to transport fruit from
the markets to the inns?).
It would also make it harder to make attacks in the winter, so making
preparations for war and then going to the battle field would have to be
strategically planned.

Have two levels of snow. Deep snow, and ground that is partially covered with
snow. So when it starts into winter, after a little snow the ground gets
covered partially with snow, not hindering glob movements but hindering the
growth of vegetation.

Maybe have all globs leave tracks in the snow that slowly fade away with the
falling snow. And if there are enough tracks in the snow all in one spot (and
it's on deep snow), the snow goes to partially snow. In this way your
movements inside your base would not be hindered at all, but once your
warriors get outside your base, they suddenly have to trudge through deep
snow, making them slower.

It's just an idea. And as I said before it probably isn't the best time to
bring it up. But I wanted to mention it while the idea was still fresh in my
head.

But if you guys decide to implement it, soon or later, I'll make the gfx for
it :D

Joey