Re: [glob2-devel] features popularity

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] features popularity
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 07:43:05 +0100

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 04:08, Nuage wrote:
> Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> > What will happen if more than one person wants to host a metaserver
> > (although probably unlikely)? Will they have to have a midawiki set
> > up? Remember to keep the server as self sustained as possible, not
> > relying on any other configuration or existance, and it should not be
> > strictly compatible with mediawiki or phpbb databases, it should be
> > able to work with any with relative ease.
>
> I agree on that, I always like monolithic stuff....

Well, I think that having a simple unified player experience between game,
forum and wiki is the most important thing.
Having redundency in the meta server and monolothic design is an
implementation question, and I highly prefer a metaserver that is sometimes
down but nice to the players when up that a redundent metaserver that's mean.

My question still holds: how does mediawiki stores password? And if you want a
unified mediawiki/forum/YOG, Nuage and Kyle/io_bidon really need to talk.
Nevertheless I think it should be possible without too much difficulties.

http://nct.ysagoon.com