Re: [glob2-devel] features popularity

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] features popularity
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:04:27 -0800

On 1/10/06, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Come on! at least a partial network rewrite of YOG, I really want to get
> > the encrypted password system to work with the mysql tables! I don't
> > think that requires a lot on the client side, but server side I really
> > want to see it :) Also would be cool to make the server side with a
> > config file and the ability to run in the background so I can set it up
> > in an init script on my system (probably another two weeks to finish
> > redoing.)
>
> Well, YOG stored a password hash in its db. What does mediawiki do ?
> Perhaps we can make it compatible.
>
> You have to talk with Nuage about this.
>
> Steph

What will happen if more than one person wants to host a metaserver
(although probably unlikely)? Will they have to have a midawiki set
up? Remember to keep the server as self sustained as possible, not
relying on any other configuration or existance, and it should not be
strictly compatible with mediawiki or phpbb databases, it should be
able to work with any with relative ease.

As well, just a side question, do all net games go through yog? Or is
the yog server just a metaserver that hosts the list of games and whos
online, and allows players to connect to eachother?