Re: [glob2-devel] features popularity

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] features popularity
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:07:36 +0100

i hope to see all of them done this year. but me, too has a lot of work to do. my first job after university starts tomorrow.
anyways i will try to help solving things in this order:

network: i heard the Map::checkSum is the problem. maybe we can find a way to compute it much faster or we always only check 64x64-patches at once. desyncs have to be handled at highest priority but if we are mainly stable it is no harm to go back 1 minute when relaunching a netgame.

manage one-ways automatically!

obelisk(i love the idea and it seams simple to implement)

garden-area (wheat): if wood is on it, clear it. if not yet seeded with wheat, seed it in a checkerboard-way (or if available any better way. barrier or the like). otherwise don't tuch the seeds but just the rest of the checkerboard.

garden-area (wood): the same.

Nuage wrote:
What do you think is the next thing to do:

1) Explicit congestion management.
Drawing areas where the globules would have to behave differently and follow a
strict "drive on the right".

2) Obelisk
The gradient computation cost of obelisk is not big.

3) Network rewrite
With better latency and YOG games management.

4) Seed flag
Like the clearing flag, but would drop resources.

I'll do it in about 2007 since deathly I have work to do for my life!