Re: [glob2-devel] maps

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] maps
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:47:15 -0800

Leo Wandersleb wrote:
as i worked on random maps i came to the idea to use my way of rmg directly for the next generation of glob2-maps. for 3d maps. or even 4d. i generate a height-field and trash it after the grass/water/sand map is generated. but keeping it would allow nice 3d landscapes as planed for post 1.0 and it would allow for example dynamic maps. imagine:

atlantis-mode: teams start on the shores of atlantis and have to move inland as it sinks. resources grow inland along rivers. the big desert in the center disappears till all is under water limiting a games duration.

your 3d mode gave me some great ideas, but those are on hold until we get 1.0 out, and even then that'll probably be after the major rewrite, and the documentation process.

Maybe I'll post them in the forums. and what do you mean by 4d?

Kyle