Re: [glob2-devel] Thats it, we need a plan

From: Nuage
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Thats it, we need a plan
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 04:30:22 +0200

Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> On 4/1/06, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>sorry but i disagree on your opinion on the bugtracker. u
>>stated that people read their mails. your mails are very
>>long and i still have 29 unread mails to do on this list.
>>when i'm finished with all of them i still don't have
>>anything sorted like i can have it in the bugtracker. at
>>some point or the other i just mark those mails read and
>>never touch them again whereas a bug(wish) stays there and
>>gets marked read (closed) once for all readers. so i can
>>filter for open bugs without having to read through
>>everything that has been solved already ...
>>
>>greetings, leo wandersleb
>

> My opponions are about users, rather than developers. As a developer,
> I agree, the bug tracking system is more usefull. As a user, its a
> rather boring, long, and unfreindly proccess to fill out a bug report,
> and most people seem not to do it.

You have said many things, every time you're unhappy. It's good to criticize,
but it has to be constructive. Now you reached a point: inconsistency.

Firstly:

1) You say we need organization.
Organization has a cost, cost in time.

2) You say filling a bug report takes time, and thus is boring, then is a bad
idea.

Either you criticize the lack of time spent to organization, either you
criticize the overhead of time spent to organization. But instead you demand
organization, and once a simple solution is explained, you reject it.

Secondly:

1) You say we should not take into account our workforce and motivation for
specific tasks.

2) You say you're not motivated for filling bug reports.

Either you criticize the lack of motivation to do anything, and you are
motivated to do anything. Or you don't criticize the lack of motivation to do
anything, and you can have low motivation for some specific tasks. But instead
you both complain on the lack of motivation of the others, and you're not
motivated to fill the bug reports.

Now, read carefully.
I take this as a lack of respect. People one this mailing-list are requested to
behave. I also believe this is not intentional, but that you're lacking of
moderation.

This, and the other complainings, are resulting in the mailing-list to be slow
and irritating. But we need this working tool to be peasible for the sake of the
project.

As I result I personally demand you to have a talk with me on IRC. Until this, I
demand you not to post any complain on the mailing-list.

This is my personal initiative.

Nuage