Re: [glob2-devel] Thats it, we need a plan

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Thats it, we need a plan
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 22:57:29 -0700

On 4/4/06, Nuage <address@hidden> wrote:
> You have said many things, every time you're unhappy. It's good to criticize,
> but it has to be constructive. Now you reached a point: inconsistency.
>
> Firstly:
>
> 1) You say we need organization.
> Organization has a cost, cost in time.
>
> 2) You say filling a bug report takes time, and thus is boring, then is a bad
> idea.
>
> Either you criticize the lack of time spent to organization, either you
> criticize the overhead of time spent to organization. But instead you demand
> organization, and once a simple solution is explained, you reject it.
>

> Secondly:
>
> 1) You say we should not take into account our workforce and motivation for
> specific tasks.
>
> 2) You say you're not motivated for filling bug reports.
>
> Either you criticize the lack of motivation to do anything, and you are
> motivated to do anything. Or you don't criticize the lack of motivation to do
> anything, and you can have low motivation for some specific tasks. But instead
> you both complain on the lack of motivation of the others, and you're not
> motivated to fill the bug reports.
>

> Now, read carefully.
> I take this as a lack of respect. People one this mailing-list are requested
> behave. I also believe this is not intentional, but that you're lacking of
> moderation.
>
> This, and the other complainings, are resulting in the mailing-list to be slow
> and irritating. But we need this working tool to be peasible for the sake of
> the
> project.
>
> As I result I personally demand you to have a talk with me on IRC. Until
> this, I
> demand you not to post any complain on the mailing-list.
>
> This is my personal initiative.
>
> Nuage

I encourage you to read my first sentance, "My opponions are about
users, rather than developers.". It might help to cure those ...
"incosistancies".

Indeed, organization should be a top priority. I don't think bug
reports do the trick for what *I'm* trying to achieve, and I've had
better experiences with users when my bug report system was inside the
program itself, or a the very least, using something the users already
have experience with, such as a emails.

I'm not being intentionally unhappy, and I'm not saying there is a
lack of motivation