Re: [glob2-devel] Re: I am taking upon the task as to redesign the map e

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Re: I am taking upon the task as to redesign the map editor
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:56:07 -0700

So, in par with rewriting everything, here is what I'm going to attempt to do:

    1) Make a new "widget" that is essentially the entire in-game
screen, drawing everything from the map to the panels. This is
bassically a modified version of GameGUI.
    2) Turn GameGUI into a Screen
    3) Slowly pluck out elements from our main-screen "widget" into
seperate widgets, for example, one for the minimap, one for the main
map, one for the side panels, etc
    4) Turn MapEditor into a Screen, and use these newly created
widgets to provide it its rich interface

This should be good, as the code won't break often in the process, it
will only break between steps 1 and 2, and that shouldn't be a
problem.

This will give us atleast a start on turning the whole system to be
libgag dependant.

Help will be apprecciatted (in the terms of api and interface
suggestions), if nct can become available on IRC, it would be nice.