Re: [glob2-devel] New Features Galore (ps: I merged them)

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New Features Galore (ps: I merged them)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:44:12 -0500

On 12/4/06, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Thanks a lot for those great new features! I really like them, they are very
cool :-)

I think we should make a new release with them, once we have done some
testing, and, for instance, adapted the tutorial. I remind people that we
keep the tutorial script in script/tutorial.sgsl in CVS in order to easily
track and merge changes.

Bradley, you are the actual maintainer, and I do not want to overpass your
authority ;-), yet I really think we should have a release manager that has
Internet access. You do a so great job implementing new features that it is
sad we do not manage to get new versions out more often. What does the
community think about this, does anyone want to volunteer ?

Thanks for the great job, have a ncie day,

http://nct.ysagoon.com

Your right, the fact that I don't have internet is very
disabilitating, especially for fixing bugs and updating documentation.
If someone else wants to step up to the  plate, I'd be happy to give
them the position as a release maintainer. They should decide when
another release is ready, and release the code at that point. I don't
think there are many other duties of a release maintainer, maybe check
changelogs and documentation to make sure everything is up to date for
the new release.

--
Whats long and hard and filled with seamen? My submarine!  -  Bradley Arsenault