Re: [glob2-devel] Release

From: donkyhotay
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Release
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 08:18:20 -0800

We've talked about having a release before and with all the changes we
definitely need to do so. In regards to dropping the alpha I actually
thought the game had already left alpha stage a release or two ago.
Except for some of the AI's (which are listed in game as unstable) the
game hasn't had any game stopping bugs besides the flag desync issue for
over a year. Before we release again how much testing has the game had?
I haven't had a chance to test the game extensively since genix merged
his latest changes into CVS but I personally have only noticed one bug
since then (escape key not working in map editor) which has been
resolved and not much new on the bug-tracker. This means either the
current version is pretty stable or no one is playing it. Anyone know
which is the case? On a similar note, another thing we may wish to do is
clear out the bug tracker. Some of the reported bugs there are over two
years old and so have either been already fixed and not updated, or are
features no one is interested in applying, or are not able to be
reproduced. I was thinking that anything over a year old should probably
be cleaned out.

--
Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on
believing in windmills.