Re: [glob2-devel] Release

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Release
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 02:05:05 +0100

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
Today I noticed a scroll bug in the map editor, which is fixed. It is strange, in a way it looks like if the map editor was commited with some part half finished, as this bug was very easy to stop, just pass a parameter that looked there eaxctly for that, but was not used.

I'm a bit afraid no one play with current cvs, and thus I'm afraid we release a broken version. Could you people test it ? Thanks !

As I am maybe the one who plays the most on yog: i had one game with cvs what was pretty
cool with the "remember units" feature. but some also take this for a bug: i
assigned 5! how comes now only 1 is collecting food.
we know that here is still a "bug" that makes this behaviour less transparent for the
player: suply-worker-count gets assigned when construction starts. maybe "someone" can
aply the change in suply-workers not only to the default but also to all buildings currently beeing
built for this to be very clearly a transparent feature.
to not confuse people we should switch off this feature as long as no default
values are set. having 3 supliers for my l1 tower and only 1 upgrader when
checking back is confusing for newbies

Next thing: I can't run glob2_cvs now
damn! i just didn't do the syncdata :)

Bug: obviously someone tried to allow to set worker count while units still get
trained inside. so the worker count gets displayed but it is not setable.

also my part is not finished yet: random map generation supports repetetive
maps. as i had difficulties bringing in an aprobriate control (slider, ...)
random maps now are always 4 times the same sub map.

greetings, leo wandersleb