Re: [glob2-devel] Release

From: donkyhotay
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Release
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:42:19 -0800

The whole "remember units" thing may be a little confusing but isn't a
bug. If someone wants to change it go ahead but here is what is going on
and why it is the way it is. When an order is placed (flag/building) all
information relating to that building is passed at that time including
how many units are going to be working on the building after it is
complete. Since all this is part of the same order when the building is
placed if there is a change made after the building is placed but before
it is completely built then the amount of workers assigned after the
building is complete will be the older variable. The way to fix this of
course is to program the game to send out a new order to change the
workers when the building is complete. I looked into this when I
originally programmed this however I didn't see any efficient way of
specifying exactly which building to apply the orders too. Having the
system target it and go back would work but I could see potential for
problems in the future with it. Anyways as I said at the beginning if
someone can come up with a way for it to assign the units when the
building is completed rather then placed then go ahead and do it.