Re: [glob2-devel] Video creation how-to

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Video creation how-to
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 12:24:47 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I've written a video creation how-to as suggested by Kai:
> http://globulation2.org/wiki/Video_Creation_Howto
>
> I've also finished encoding a 144 M, 13 minutes ogg theora file for wikimedia
> commons (which I will upload tomorow). I will also make an mpeg and try to
> upload it on youtube.
>
> Have a nice day,

I have added a link to "http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/faq.html";
and the commandline flags they proposed for high quality mpegs:
 ffmpeg -mbd rd -flags +trell -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -g 100 -pass 1/2 -i
VIDEOSHOT_NAME.%10d.png VIDEOSHOT_NAME.mpeg

This really made a big difference with my test video - and even reduced
its size.

btw:
the videoshot-feature is working correct.  My image viewer doesn't
show the bmp-files properly.  The png-files and resulting videos are good.