[glob2-devel] Summary mail : release, bugs, code quality

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Summary mail : release, bugs, code quality
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 19:43:52 +0100

Hello,

Today was my last holiday day, so we did not have time to release a new
version as planned. Yet it is not that terrible, as I've done some cleaning,
both structural (unit count per building) and local (some uninitialised
variables and memory leaks fixed) and we have videos now (even with
documentation) and the wikipedia article has references.

If you want a release soon, please help by testing current CVS, checking bugs
in the game comparing to the tracker, playing network games and generally
hunting bugs. afaik, I've close the "blocker" bug so we should be able to do
a release in, say, two weeks if we concentrate on testing until then. I think
we won't put right-to-left text in the next release, but of course interested
people are very welcome to make tests and produce patches.

Just a note on code quality : glob2's codebase is far from an example of code
quality. Nevertheless, if someone wants to add a new feature and does not
really knows where to put it, don't hesitate to ask. In the same idea, please
take care of uninitialised variables. I'm very happy of all contributions and
warmly welcome them, even if they are not perfect, so do not feel insulted.

Thanks to all contributors, have a nice day, enjoy the video (but do not
hesitate to produce a better one, I'm not such a good player),

http://nct.ysagoon.com