[glob2-devel] Wheat4Glob2: jokes of climate changes

From: Federico Massi
Subject: [glob2-devel] Wheat4Glob2: jokes of climate changes
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:06:00 +0100 (CET)

I don't like enough the result of "my" wheat. It's more "realistic", but too blocky, it's true. the problem is that wheat texture doesn't cover at all and transparency makes my attempt still doesn't works.

I spend half an hour contemplating wheat fields in my country, usually they are covered by snow, in this month. Today, instead, it's more than 20℃ and sun shines. Philosophically I chose for today to concentrate myself on how am I fortunate in having a living model of wheat fields instead of a photo, instead of using my brain.

I think that idea of Ferk . (about choosing a particular tile set for a particular map) should be wonderful if applied to the two ideas from Kai (summer set, winter set, and why not, also differences of environment: I take a middle European tree, for model, but why not cactus or eucalyptus or mars tree? or Xmas tree as my love dares to suggest me ;) ?)

I don't know how much time does it takes a button for "refresh tiles" during game or without closing the program, but should be a nice thing. If anyone could do something similar, it should be good for me, but I think it should be more productive if programmers could build a "select tile set" dialog or something similar. Thanks to Kai for kindness in let my life get simpler.

Thanks yo uall for past and future suggestions.
Fede

Vinci i biglietti per FIFA World Cup in Germania!