Re: [glob2-devel] Dutch translation

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Dutch translation
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 16:29:21 -0400

On 4/1/07, Lazy_R <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi y'all!

I'm delighted to see so much activity in this project! :-)

I've updated the Dutch (NL) translation again (attached) and I've also
just finished the Dutch translation for the tutorial. I did this by
editing ./scripts/tutorial.sgsl. However, just editing this file and
compile glob2 doesn't do the trick. Please can any one tell me what
changes to make so I'll be able to test it?

During testing I noticed two minor glitches:
1) When selecting the tutorial, the welcome screen is not translated (I
guess the same thing would happen when translating the Joey campaign?).
2) In the Editor menu the buttons "New Campaign" and "Load Campaign" are
not translated.

Oh... and would you be so kind to change the entry in the authors file
so that it'll reflect:
Raoul Verveer <lazy-r[no-spam]zonnet.nl> (Nederlands), instead of:
Lazy_R <lazy-r[no-spam]zonnet.zl> (Nederlands) (please mind the change
from .zl to .nl).
I also noticed the entry from Tobe Deprez for the Dutch translation,
however as you might've found out by now: Dutch and Nederlands are the
same ;-)

Anyways, it would be great if I would be able to test the tutorial
before posting it. Perhaps it can be included in the upcoming release? ^_^

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I'll include both translations in the upcoming release.

In order to get the script changes in the tutorial, you have to load
the tutorial in the map editor, go into its script editor, and hit
load and load the SGSL file. The tutorial doesn't actually load the
SGSL file, the SGSL file is more of an export/import feature.

Thanks allot for your active support in keeping the Dutch translation
updated, it is greatly appreciated.

The upcoming release features new "translation text shot" code which
causes glob2 to generate a bunch of pictures that show translations,
and where they are appearing on the screen. You run the game once, and
every time a translation is used, a screen shot is generated that
shows what translation and where it appeared on the screen. Could be
quite useful in finding out keys are for what.

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.