Re: Re: [glob2-devel] About maps backward compatibility

From: donkyhotay
Subject: Re: Re: [glob2-devel] About maps backward compatibility
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:45:53 -0500 (CDT)

I agree with kieran, as someone that works in the code I would greatly
appreciate a rewrite that makes it less confusing. I'm not familiar enough with
the way the maps are processed in game to know for certain but to me it seems
like it wouldn't be too difficult to write a small program that reads old glob2
maps and writes them as new glob2 maps. Most of the code would have already
been written (old read code and new write code) with a little bit extra for
translation. The loss of the old maps seems to be the only serious downside to
this and I'll admit I would prefer to keep them if we can but in the long run
fixing all the flaws is much more important. Otherwise glob2 development will
probably stall. While there's been a recent surge of development this past
month there hasn't really been anything major for past few months previously.