Re: [glob2-devel] questions to where we stand now

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] questions to where we stand now
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 14:07:55 +0200

Kieran P wrote:

    *do you count in my server when considering changes?
    if mercurial allows distributed repositories maybe we can
    put some parts of one repository (data/maps) on different servers.

If you have a good server with enough bandwidth and space to support the data and maps, then it would be really good to be able to have them there on Murcurial.

I'd like to have it in a way you don't realize you are interacting with
2 or n different servers. That's what my gittorrent remark was about.
I guess it is important to have consistent versions. It should be easy to
get the version of a certain date/tag including the data and some (not all)
maps.

Not git. Everyone decided on Murcurial.

it was only a sidenote about a project that is very promissing for
projects like ours. low budget, many people with small servers that are not
online 24/7 and a big repository to be served with big bandwidth needs.

Yes, but unfortunately for gmail users, we don't have a folder system. So everything gets spamed, trashed, or in the inbox. The idea someone suggest about that source monitor website should be really good. Then you can look there or on IRC (if you use that bot plugin) to see which commits have been made recently.

pardon? i use gm***, too and love the technical aspect of it. and yes, i
get tons of mails but no, they don't all show up in inbox.
you can use filters with that provider, too.

for example: Matches: Google Alerts Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "alerts"

greetings, leo wandersleb