Re: [glob2-devel] first steps in mercurial

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] first steps in mercurial
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:16:23 +0200

yes i was talking about a branch on the server. what harm does this do?

I don't think anything terrible has happened.  It just looks funny, and
we have to get used to pull the master branch instead of the repository.
Anyway with "hg strip -r <branchname>" we still could take out every
revision that builds upon your branch.  But if we would want this,
everyone would have to do it.

i also see that local commits are nice. it helps the merge afterwards to have
small commits.

Also you can see how the remote repository will look after your push.
So you can test before pushing, if everything is the way you wanted it.