Re: [glob2-devel] first steps in mercurial

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] first steps in mercurial
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:51:54 +0200

Does it retain the full power of mercurial?

Oh, you probably meant merging.
Yes, that is the same.

By the way: in older developmental versions of mercurial you can find an
"histmerge" extention.  This uses the merge codeville precise merge algorithm
from the codeville source code management system.  Which is the best merge
algorithm as far as I know.
http://revctrl.org/PreciseCodevilleMerge

The downside of this merge algorithm beside its slowness is that it rewrites
history.  But if we really get some merging problems can create a  temporary
repository histmerge there and copy the histmerged files to the real repository.
Prior to this we would have to do a normal merge in the real repository to let
mercurial know which revisions we merged.