Re: [glob2-devel] Problems with Mercurial, where is our expert on this?

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Problems with Mercurial, where is our expert on this?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:28:16 +1200

address@hidden work]$ hg pull -r master ../glob2-hg
pulling from ../glob2-hg
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 2561 changesets with 10649 changes to 534 files
(run 'hg update' to get a working copy)
address@hidden work]$ hg update
413 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

How do I tell if what I have in glob2-hg is different from work (work = master?)? Some command I can run?

On 4/23/07, Kai Antweiler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Oh, I have no problems doing the password. See above for output of  hg pull.
>
> > > Now I want to merge, but when I try:
> >
> > When you don't code, you don't need to merge.
> > When you pull the <master> branch you just need to update.
> > Otherwise you might need to do "hg revert --all -r master",
> > but then "make" will recompile everything.
>
> address@hidden glob2-hg]$ hg revert --all -r master
> address@hidden glob2-hg]$ hg pull -r master
> pulling from https://hg.globulation2.org/glob2/
> http authorization required
> realm: Enter your globulation 2 mercurial username
> user: k776
> password:
> abort: Other repository doesn't support revision lookup, so a rev cannot be
> specified.
> address@hidden glob2-hg]$

Weird.  I can test this now.
Maybe an incoming repository will help.
# cd incoming
# hg pull <remote>
# cd ../work
# hg pull -r master ../incoming

> Well, it does for me. -C is the only thing I can do.

Does "hg revert --all -r master" not work?
Revert is very helpfull when update isn't good enough.