Re: [glob2-devel] Problems with Mercurial, where is our expert on this?

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Problems with Mercurial, where is our expert on this?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:53:45 +0200

address@hidden work]$ hg pull -r master ../glob2-hg
pulling from ../glob2-hg
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 2561 changesets with 10649 changes to 534 files
(run 'hg update' to get a working copy)
address@hidden work]$ hg update
413 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

How do I tell if what I have in glob2-hg is different from work (work =
master?)? Some command I can run?

Work should be "master" if you created it like:
# hg clone -r master glob2-hg work
If you did not, it's ok too.  Just look if "tip" is in the "master" branch:
# hg log -1
or:
# hg tip
And that you only have 1 head:
# hg heads

To tell you the difference between repository you can use a lot of
commands:

Show new changesets found in the specified path/URL or the default
pull location. These are the changesets that would be pulled if a pull
was requested:
# hg incoming ../glob2-hg

Show changesets not found in the specified destination repository or
the default push location. These are the changesets that would be pushed
if a push was requested:
# hg outgoing ../glob2-hg

Print the revision history of the specified files or the entire project:
# hg log

Set or show the current branch name:
# hg branch

List the repository's named branches:
# hg branches
(The names of branches from which parts are merged into master should
be part of this list - I'd assume.)

Graphical display of the repository:
# hg view
(This has to be activated before you can use it.  And it does not
display branch names.)