Re: [glob2-devel] yet more feedback (many topics)

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] yet more feedback (many topics)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 09:11:20 +0200

On Sunday 29 April 2007, Leo Wandersleb wrote:
> Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> > sorry, glob2 experts are busy making war with themselves ;-[

That was a statement of second degree self derision: we should have better
communication between us, respecting the wish, work and experience of others.

So ok for net rewrite, ok for tcp, if:
- we try the game creator as a switch first,
- we keep voip,
- we inform the players when they are using yog router and ask them, if
possible, to avoid it in order to keep bandwidth low.

> Hey! please don't consider that to be a war! bradley and i simply see how
> many people are frustrated about connection problems even before starting a
> game. We both are no experts in networking but server-client architectures
> sound far simpler than p2p what we have now. it's good to have
> glob2-experts around to remind us of things like voip and stuff and promis:
> i don't want to waste any feature. neither the music i have switched off
> here nore the voip that doesn't work here. but i'm tired of pointing noobs
> to the faq to get their nat right as i see alternatives.

That's the reason why comming with a final proposition, saying "it will be
like this", is not best practice. But if Bradley and you agree with the
aforementioned suggestion on top of this mail, for me the incident is closed.