Re: [glob2-devel] Sourceforge presence

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Sourceforge presence
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:59:20 +1200

>There are some parts of our code that can be worked on without knowing the complex rest.

Well, with the new rewrite, it should make things a lot easier. But from what I hear, the code is still pretty hard to get your head around. You'de need to study the code for a while to get the hang of it.

Even my own code I wrote 6 months ago looks foreign now because my coding style has changed. I had to get used to the old style again :P

>I also remember a page of "junior jobs".

There is always little things that can be done, sure. But the main bulk needs someone experienced.

>Bugfixes can be easy.

Well, if code is made better, there shouldn't need to be bug fixes ;) There should be new code to solve problems instead of patches. Which again, needs someone a bit more experienced (I'm talking about people that maybe knew how to make a calculator in c or c++. Nothing much more.

So whats stopping you from making one? For me, lack of documentation. There simply isn't enough of it. Sure, there may be pages like http://globulation2.org/wiki/Making_An_AI_With_Echo_(part_1) and http://globulation2.org/wiki/Making_An_AI_With_Echo_(part_2) but they might be out of date and still require a fairly good knowledge of C++ to make something that actually works.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/