Re: [glob2-devel] Sourceforge presence

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Sourceforge presence
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:30:33 +1200

Hey everyone,

Not only that Brad, but I've had some offers to help make things from the job requests I posted on the site. Several C++ coders (although new and decided not to because of the complex code), were willing to help. If one decent coder sees the ads like they did, we might get a second developer to help Brad with the coding on stuff. That should help relieve some pressure to do most of the work ;)

A quick look shows that after glob2's own website, wikipedia, freshmeat, and sourceforge rank top 3-5 (in that order) when searching "globulation 2", while the old ysagoon, freshmeat, and wikipedia fill spots 3-5 in that order when searching for "globulation" (search for globulation results in sourceforge 7th, and savannah 8th, one spot apart, but still, sourceforge is higher and only open for a week or two compared to savannahs entire history.

Overall, maintain the releases and news on the savannah and sourceforge site are a good idea. We have a lot to gain from it!

Anyway, time to read other emails.
Later,
Kieran