Re: [glob2-devel] white on colored text on wiki (was: Brand new wiki the

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] white on colored text on wiki (was: Brand new wiki theme, hope to make it default)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:23:14 +1200

Hey Joe,

Thanks. I'm glad people like the theme. I put a lot of time and effort (and a few pain killers for the headache) trying to get it to look good and that everyone, including Nct, liked.

I'm currently on holiday and my hotel room have an high speed hookup, so I cant stay on long (they charge the same amount for 1 hours, that I get back home for a month and with 100x the data limit !!?!?!)

If the problem you are experiencing is in Internet Explorer 6, then that will be why. IT works on Opera, Firefox, Konqueror and IE7 (they use a transperant grey images to darken the background while still retaining the grassy image behind), but not IE6 (IE6 does not support trasnperancy, so what you see if the grey not letting you see through, makes sense right?). I don't have the time to fix it right now. Switch to firefox in the mean time :P It is an easy fix. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to fix it before I went away. When I get back, I'll patch it and get it working in all major browsers (Opera 9, Firefox 2, Konqueror, IE7 and of course and IE6. (still though, switch to firefox, it rules!!)

Now, if I read you wrongly, and your are not using IE6, then I guess I could darken the transperant images further, so make the white text shine through some more. That would also be easy to do, but again, I still dont have the time nor the right programs to correct the changes.

So, till I get back home from my trip,
Kieran