Re: [glob2-devel] Re: Brand new wiki theme, hope to make it default

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Re: Brand new wiki theme, hope to make it default
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:02:43 +1200

I do not understand, can you explain in a bit more details ? The images from the game gui are small.

The original theme (the two shades of green) used many large images, about 9 I beleive, totaling around 150kb (with a further 150kb of non images to download), with a resolution of about 2500x1900 or so. Any higher and the theme would not work. As such, all images were incompatible. However, I decided to use tables (just for these borders, nothing else) and they are now in place, after 30mins putting them in and 2 hours trying to make it look exactly like it did before. But its done now. I would appreciate comments (keeping in mind I have not had a chance to test IE6/7, or Opera 7/8/9 yet. I know for a fact though that Firefox works, and Konqueror works). So enjoy (I'll fix any browser issues tomorrow, its midnight here now :yawn:).

I can try to add them myself just to see, is there any doc somewhere how to edit theme?

You need knowledge in XHTML, CSS, and able to find you way around the most poorly written design ever (wikimedia better redesign their default templates, its too messy :P). I think for now, you better leave it to me ;)

:yawn: :yawn: :shakes head:

Better go before I fall asleep. Hopefully wake up tomorrow with some emails to look through :D

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/