Re: [glob2-devel] Version 3 of GPL license issued yesterday

From: Cyrille Dunant
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Version 3 of GPL license issued yesterday
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:42:50 +0200

On Saturday 30 June 2007 11.32:38 Kieran P wrote:
> Ok. Then all someone needs to do is update the COPYING file in master
> branch, and it will be included in all future versions.
>
> Does anyone actually have a list of changes from version 2 though? Is it
> just rewritten after 16 years to make things clearer and include some
> little things in it? For all we know, it could grant someone the permission
> to take over a project when inactive for a certain period of time. Who
> knows ^_^
>
> Regards
> Kieran

Actually, to change the license from 2 or above to 3 or above, you _must_ have
the permission of all authors.

As of yet, the "auto-upgrade" really means that the code is currently
dual-licensed GPL v2 and GPL v3.

Note also that v2 and v3 are incompatible, essentially because v3 _adds_
restrictions.

Have fun

 -- CFD