Re: [glob2-devel] New Net Engine, New Map Headers, ready to merge

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New Net Engine, New Map Headers, ready to merge
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 18:15:32 +1200

>k776 and I have already worked out the details about map syncing.

Which is now complete. The mk and sync scripts have been adjusted so nothing conflicts with alpha 23 or before. I have tested them, and they work, which brings me to:

>I plan to quickly recreate old maps where as I believe Kieran is planning to make a whole new set of maps.

Actually, I was just making three demo maps for testing (of the game and the mk/sync scripts) so people dont have to make their own until the others are converted. These 3 have been made, uploaded to the server, and are available for use. Simple download the source like you normally would. My technique is the following (you might have your own):

hg clone http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2/
hg clone -r master glob2 glob2-master
cd glob2-master
./syncdata && ./syncmaps
./bootstrap && ./configure && make
cd src && gdb glob2

That should get you started (with gdb prompt, to run, type "run" (without quotes). If it crashes, type "bt" (without quotes) and send the output to this mailing list to fix bugs).

And as a side point:

>All people using the master should now delete there old maps.

If rsync does this automatically, syncing maps should work. If not, you'll have to do this manually.

Happy playing,
Kieran