Re: [glob2-devel] New Net Engine, New Map Headers, ready to merge

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New Net Engine, New Map Headers, ready to merge
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:03:48 +0200

> I decided not to do zipped maps just yet, as they aren't really needed now.
> I came to the realization that a gz file doesn't hold multiple files, its
> just a compression of one. I would have  to add another layer ontop of the
> gzip code we already use, (like libtar, for example) thats another
> dependancy, a whole new part of the system ....... more work than its worth
> right now.

The idea is to use zip from pkzip, the same algo as gzip but zips files
individually then archieve, so that it is possible to lookup files names and
size without decompression. This would ensure a nice integration into the
filesystem.

Otherwise, congratulation for the work. I need to find time to test it :-)

Have a nice day,